Astrid, Luca, Renata, Jo, Jennifer, René, Margriet

I thought it would be fun to see how much we know about each of the following 7 JSO members:

Astrid
     Luca
     Renate
     Jo
     Jennifer
     René
     Margriet

Once each week I'll randomly select 7 present & past JSO members.  I'll use only their first name.  See if you can:

come up with the persons last name?
     the instrument, or instruments they play?
     have you ever spoken to the person?
     do you have any photos of yourself with the person?
     what can you tell us about the person?
     what color gown do the ladies wear?
     what has the person done on a DVD that caught your eye?
     all in all, what do you know that is interesting about the person?

Please, try not to answer all the questions?  Leave some questions for others.  Sally & I will wait till the end of the week to add our comments

Clearly these weekly topics will be something you will want to keep looking in on.

Bill in Arizona aka
Official Pot Stirrer
southpawbc-phxazandreconcert@yahoo.com

Comments

• May 1, 2007 Shirley wrote:
    I KNOW NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1. May 1, 2007 kati wrote:
      I am with You Shirley, as little as NOTHING!!! Kati
    2. May 2, 2007 WebMasterSally wrote:
      That's the same group I'm in.
  • May 1, 2007 Jeanine Ann wrote:
    Hi Bill, Rene Henket plays Trumpet; Margriet van Lexmond - Cello;
    Renata Dirix (I think) played Sax before Sanne;
    Jo Huijts (if that is the Jo you mean) played Piano.
    Renata wore yellow. I remember her on the Gala Concert leading Manoe into "Heidi".

Will keep looking.
    Hugs
    1. May 1, 2007 Bill in Arizona wrote:
      There are answers to many of the question if you do a little web searching on Andre's website.

Bill aka
      Official Pot Stirrer
      1. May 2, 2007 Shirley wrote:
        Yes, I have been there often, but I still can't remember a lot of the names. On this list I do remember Jo because he was the pianist when I first saw some of Andre's earlier dvds.As for Renata, isn't she now with her own group, the Reincar ? something?, I've seen the name Luca somewhere but can't remember who it is. There are some of the members, not on this list, I have met, but believe it or not, I never thought to have my picture taken with them at the time, only one or two I think and they were taken by others.I do have my favorites of the JSO, but I really like them all.
        1. May 2, 2007 ModeratorBillAZ wrote:

I've changed my mind & decided to add a little something about what I know every couple of days or so.

Margriet van Lexmond - she plays Cello & always sits in the 2nd from the right position in the cello section.  Margriet has been with Andre from the very beginning.  I think she is a very attractive lady & was fortunate enough to get a grrrreat photo of her, along with Tanja at the last concert here in Phoenix in 2006.

It's such a great photo it's possible it may find its way onto my photo T-shirt. Nothing definite, just a maybe!. both Margriet & Tanja are looking straight into the lens, & both are sporting their biggest & brightest smile, grinning from ear to ear

Margriet is also a photographer & apparently has been taking photos of everyone & every place she goes with the JSO.

I've never spoken to her, but would like to meet her more than any other.  I figure she knows where all the bodies are buried.  Margriet is on stage at every performance you see Andre, right from the beginning.  I realize some JSO members appear only in europe & the Specials, but Margriet appears all the time, all over the world......that tells me a lot about her loyalty to her employer, over a long sustained period of time.

I'm looking forward to seeing you again in December 2007, here in Phoenix.

1. May 2, 2007 kati wrote:
            You must like Margriet the most, because, You mentioned Her Photography, We do know Tanja, but still have no picture with none of them. I am not in line 3 hours earlier, that is the reason. I hope this T-Shirt will be a decent color, other than Chartreuse!! Kati
            1. May 2, 2007 ModeratorBillAZ wrote:
              the photo t-shirt, is white.  I wear it over the chartreuse long sleeve T-shirt.
              1. May 3, 2007 kati wrote:
                What a taste!!?? Kati
  • May 2, 2007 Jeanine Ann wrote:
    Oh Bill - you spelled buried wrong! What bodies??
    1. May 2, 2007 ModeratorBillAZ wrote:

"knowing where the bodies are buried", is an idiom meaning, that a person knows everything; including all the s-e-c-r-e-t-s!

1. May 3, 2007 kati wrote:
        Idiom means,language peculiar to a person or group. That is what You are Bill. Kati
      2. May 3, 2007 Shirley wrote:
        Bill, to be honest, I had not heard that term before.I laugh because of your mispelling, and that because you are the self-designated "POLICE" of punctuation! It's good to see you make a mistake once in awhile!
  • May 2, 2007 Shirley wrote:
    U-HA-HA!!!! "BERRIED"? U-HA-HA! surely not!!!! maybe he meant "where all the berries are bodied"! U-HA-HA!
  • May 2, 2007 kati wrote:
    He makes too many mistakes anymore, We re Katially do not know, what He means!! HAHAHA!
    1. May 2, 2007 ModeratorBillAZ wrote:
      Earlier today, I was on a library computer, looked up & realized I only had 15 seconds before everything shut down.  I was hoping to get back on line & correct the mistake before anyone noticed.

It was either click on "SEND" knowing the mistake was there or let everything disappear.  I chose "send"!  Looks like I'm a day late & a dollar short, a-g-a-i-n!

1. May 2, 2007 WebMasterSally wrote:
        Sounds like my regular days.  lol I'm always a dollar or two or three or thousands short.
        1. May 3, 2007 kati wrote:
          Dan, the Banner Man, probably do not have the same problem!! Kati
  • May 2, 2007 Jeanine Ann wrote:
    That is ok Bill. I guess I was more concerned with the "bodies". Thanks for the info on Margriet.
    Hugs
  • May 3, 2007 kati wrote:
    There are no Bodies, just the mistakes Bill makes!! Kati
  • May 4, 2007 Ineke wrote:
    Hi Bill,
    I understand the expression you wrote, about burrying ( did I misspel??) bodies! In our language we have a similar expression. We say: we hope no dead bodies are falling out of the closet.... and we mean: we hope we don't meet unknown problems or hidden secrets (for instance with starting an adventure or buying a house, or something like that.
  • May 4, 2007 Ineke wrote:
    I know Astrid Gordijn (viola) and Luca is another Italian guy (there are 3 in the orchestra: Franco Vulcano and Vincenzo Viola). I don't know his last name. Jo and Renate are gone. Renate has her own medieval music group Reincarnatus (very nice, I attended a concert!). Rene Henket is the funny trumpet player. I don't know Jennifer.
    1. May 4, 2007 kati wrote:
      I checked out Her Website also, I really like what they are doing. I always like Her in Andre's Orchestra, She was a lots of Fun, with the looks She had toward Manoe! Kati
      1. May 4, 2007 ModeratorBillAZ wrote:
        C'mon people, yer a makin us all look bad.......y'all know soo much more about all of the above, stop holding back.

I wrote extensively in my December 2006 report about Luca Madrigo...he is a new male violinist...new to the JSO as of the Schonbrunn DVD, when he first appeared.  Someone, anyone, do a little memory recall (web searching for my report) & now tell us all what you know about Luca

I'll give you 1 more clue, Renata & Jo are no longer with the JSO, however they are on most DVD's except  for the recent ones.

1. May 4, 2007 WebMasterSally wrote:
          Bill:  Your page(s) are right where everyone's are... on the Featured Fans page.

Once a page is not longer on the Home-Page or Featured Fan, it is always on the bottom of the Featured Fans page, via a link.

2. May 5, 2007 Shirley wrote:
          Bill, you asked us what "we" knew. All I, personally,know is what I "read in the papers"!The few I have "met" I did not ask personal questions, only thanked them for coming and told them how much I enjoyed them.
          1. May 5, 2007 WebMasterSally wrote:

Very good point there Shirley.  I'm much too shy to be asking too many things or personal things unless invited to do so.  I think Bill must be more outgoing than most of us.  I asked Carmen questions because she literally said to me, "Ask me anything". But then she was very upbeat and happy having just come off the stage where she sang so beautifully for us all.  And I think Carla is a live-wire as I've seen her bubbly personality on and off stage.  Really a nice young woman.

I can see asking some questions if the opportunity arises.  Bill certainly had the chance with finding the JSO outside (smoking, tsk tsk).  Maybe we should invite them to our next Fan Dinner, eh Shirley?  Now THAT Would be a hoot!  (we've got to get them back to the Nokia!)

1. May 6, 2007 Shirley wrote:
              OH YEAH!I'll always remember Nokia because it was my "first"! The only questions I could think of at the time, for Andre,"please, would you sign my book & may I have a picture with you"?(yes to both questions!) sigh..then to various other JSO members, "would you please sign my book"? What a fun time! I think I was in total awe, who can think what to ask at a time like that? When I had my picture taken with Andre it did not turn out so good, too close, but at least I know it was us! A funny little thing, while Dan was trying to take the picture, Andre says, with a humorous smile, "maybe it would be better if you open the lens"?We all laughed at that one.
    2. May 8, 2007 ModeratorBillAZ wrote:
      Astrid plays violin, wears an orange gown & sits up on the 2nd row between Els & Luca, the new male violinist.

Jennifer, aka Jenny, is the violin player that sits between Agnes & Cord Jenny & Agnes go way back, apparently they both had the same violin teacher & have been friends ever since.  You'll see Jenny sitting at the table with Agnes, Nadia, & Nicolle during the song where Carl Moik sings his song & goes between the tables filled with JSO members, on the Schönbrunn DVD

Astrid, Jenny & Luca first appeared on the Schönbrunn DVD

Tomorrow I'll have something to say about René , Jo & Renata
  • May 7, 2007 Sally wrote:
    Hi Bill: Interesting to see what people know and remember, and what they have done with regards to JSO members. Andre certainly has a knack for picking not only Highly Talented people, but friendly & interesting people as well. The JSO is loaded with Professionalism & Personality.

I put a page up about Renate long ago. It can be found on the "JSO" page, and then just click her photo.
    **How cool that Ineke went to one of Renate new shows**

• May 8, 2007 Shirley wrote:
    I'd like to know the name of the lady who plays the harp, you know, the one who really gets "into it" on one of the videos(I can't remember which one).
  • May 9, 2007 Ineke wrote:
    Hi Shirley,
    I know who you mean. I have seen that lady life in the Maastricht concerts 2005. So she must be on the DVD "Songs from my heart". Since than I have never seen her again. I don't know her name and there is another harp player in the orchestra by now.
    1. May 10, 2007 Shirley wrote:
      Thank you Ineke,I guess I'll have to watch that one again. Whoever she was, I adore her. She had more life than any harpist I've ever seen.That's one of the things I like about the JSO, if you watch carfully, you can catch a lot of those comical moments. they are such a fun bunch.
  • May 10, 2007 Shirley wrote:
    Hey Mr Bill....where are the next seven you promised us?
    1. May 10, 2007 ModeratorBillAZ wrote:
      I have some stuff I want to put up for Renata, Rene, & Jo, which I'd intended to add earlier this morning.  Will get it done tomorrow morning; I'll add next 7 probably on Monday morning.  It will be an entirely new topic, showing the 7 new names <g>
      1. May 12, 2007 ModeratorBillAZ wrote:

René Henket, the trumpet player that wears glasses on the end of his nose, is a very soft spoken man.  I spoke to him briefly at the end of last years concert here in Phoenix.  I'd expected a man of his size & the power he plays the trumpet to have a deep, loud spoken voice; just the opposite tuned out to be true.

My 3 favorite rememberances of René, 1  is on the Schönbrunn DVD in the Musik, Musik musical selection.  I thought that one brought out the best in René & showed him enthusiastically moving himself & this trumpet in a 60 degree arc, as he played the main melody.

My 2nd favorite is on the Gala DVD, the very last musical selection Trilrock, where he is scolded by Manoe & indicates by a wave of his finger that he will again join her in some rock & roll music.  And then he is scolded by Renata for playing rock & roll instead ofHeidi.  Poor guy, couldn't win!

My most favorite recollection is seeing René and Roger repeatedly calling attention to themselves during the various renditions of Finnicule, Finnicula.  And they both looked sooo innocent.

I've seen René in 2 concerts here in Phoenix & hope he will be part of the JSO when André & the JSO return here in December 2007

I'll try to add something about Renata & Jo, tomorrow.

1. May 12, 2007 WebMasterSally wrote:

Now, this is a woman's perspective of Rene.   I spoke with him for a while in San Jose at the Meet & Greet (the last one) after the concert.   Rene is very intelligent, well thought, able to converse on many a subject and a charming man.  However, my first thought was WOW, what beautiful skin!  I tell you his skin was alabaster translucent.  Women would fight for skin like that.  And his eyes were the most beautiful sky blue.

So there you have it.  A handsome intelligent man with talent!

• May 12, 2007 Shirley wrote:
    I've not met him but I like to watch his antics too. I read in Andre's site that when he was five years old he marched down the streets of Maastricht with his father in a brass band.Who knew then that he would be playing with andre one day. I like both the trumpet players, gosh, I just like the sound of a trumpet!
  • May 13, 2007 Bill in Arizona wrote:

JO Huijts.... I remember JO encouraging the audience to give him praise & applause during the orchestra introductions from Andre during the Funiculi Funicula musical selection.  Remember, Andre would often tell the audience there are only 2 musicians with a little bit of brains & would then call for the keyboard musicians to stand.

The other recollection I have of JO is during the Tea For Two number where the male JSO members do a little dance with cains & top hats.  At the end of the number the musicians return to their instruments.  JO, very politely shoos Stephanie away from the piano so he can rightly reoccupy his space.

JO is no longer with the JSO.  If you read Dutch, here is a website he's established

1. May 14, 2007 Shirley wrote:
      Oh, Jo was always one of my favorites!His last name is Huijts and I believe he is with the Leudalzangers. There is a site but it's all in Dutch.But according to the site he is very much in control of this group. I also saw a Paul Huijts, was wondering if he's related. Anyway, I think nobody plays Mozart, at least on the piano,as well as Jo.
  • May 13, 2007 Bill in Arizona wrote:
    Renata Drix she's going to take up a lot of space because she is so memorable on so many DVD's.  Poor Renata, she was subjected to soo much humorous abuse at the hands of Manoe (aka little miss nuisance)

Renata played the Saxophone & the Bassoon + I seem to remember her on a clarinet.  Renata didn't like rock & roll, prefering the beautiful Heidi & dueling it out for audience participation with Manoe.  Renata won the duel at the end, with both singing a chorous of Heidi

Renata, was one of the original Andre Sisters

Renata was given the spotlight on each of the following DVD's

Sadly, Renata is no longer with the JSO

• August 15, 2007 Hsiang TAN wrote:
    I noticed that no one mentioned Noel Pradedens - he is apparently married to one of the choir girls. The latest New York DVD album showed two of the choir girls radiant with their pregnancy and Rene pointed out that Noel was responsible for at least one of them!
    I invite comments
    Hsiang TAN from AUSTRALIA
    1. August 15, 2007 WebMasterSally wrote:
      Hello Hsiang:  I saw Noel & Leon in San Jose, California at a Meet & Greet in 2006.  Both of them nice men and interesting to speak with.  I do not know about any of their personal life, but of course wish them Health & Happiness!   Good to see you here.