Rene and The Wien Concert

René Shares a Story of the
Wien Concert

Short report of Vienna. At the 12.07.07 by approximately 1330 started in Maastricht on the way to Vienna. The receptions in the Hofburg, with the vienna Depütanten und Depütantinnen, were made later. In the evening was the team in a typical nice "Heurigen" local in Grinzing. For Info: A wine pub with Schrammel music. At the 13.07.07 at 15 o'clock 1. sound-check at the michaelerplatz after small break the 2. Soundcheck until 18 o'clock. At 20 o'clock general-rehearses of the entire concert with public. Without payment. It was full. 14.07.07 at 16 o'clock sound-checks. 20.30 o'clock begin of the concert. It is radiated world-wide. at the 11.08.2007 in the orf, zdf etc.. star-guest at this was Dagmar Koller, "for this concert I liked to interrupt my concert in Portugal", sang: Wien, Wien nur du allein. Karl Moik sang at this that occasion as well. in the public seats Barbara Wussow. Has her father passed two weeks ago. He was an actor. Barbara lives in Vienna. After show party was in the passageway behind the stage and later in the catering camps. at the 15.07.07 return flight of the jso orchestra incl. André, Marjorie and Marc to Maastricht. Pierre remained in Vienna. Marjorie is included with all soundchecks and gives important tips to André. The weather: it became daily warmer. it was very hot at the 14.07.07. therefore it was a fantastically evening. André thanked, during the concert, particularly Mrs. Ursula Stenzel, Bezirksvorsteherin in Vienna, that made this feasible. The whole Michaelerplatz was closed for traffic. In 2008 the JSO will give more concerts in USA. Australia is also to be visited by the JSO. There are much concerts less in Europe. Switzerland, Austria, France and Germany.

Comments

• July 16, 2007 Rene wrote:

1. July 17, 2007 René wrote:
      for the a.m. pic: it is the passageway behind the stage.
  • July 16, 2007 Rene wrote:

1. July 17, 2007 René wrote:
      you see the datas: Joh.Strauß passed 1849 and 100 years later André was born.
      1. August 11, 2007 Sally wrote:
        I enjoyed these photos and had to look again. These are different and new. GREAT Photos.
  • July 16, 2007 Rene wrote:

• July 16, 2007 Rene wrote:

• July 16, 2007 Marilyn Smith wrote:
    Thanks, René. It's fun to hear the details of what's going on with Andre & Co. Do you know if there is going to be a dvd of Vienna.
    Have a great day.
  • July 16, 2007 Shirley wrote:
    This is a concert I would loved to have seen. I doubt that it will be on a dvd though.It was probably shown on ZDF (television). Would loved to have taped that one too. Thank you René.
    1. July 16, 2007 René wrote:
      This concert is sent on the whole world, says André. PBS was also in Vienna. Sorry I have no data at this time.
    2. July 16, 2007 Marilyn Smith wrote:
      Is ZDF for Europe only or is it possible to get it in the US too.
      1. July 16, 2007 René wrote:
        André says: it will been radiated it on the whole world. the zdf recorded the whole one. it gets also to the US. Like Schönbrunn. André now in the studios and check out all of the material for a good film. FOR THE BEST FILM.
        1. July 17, 2007 Marilyn Smith wrote:
          Hi René. That's good news. Thanks much for the info. Marilyn
        2. July 17, 2007 WebMasterSally wrote:
          Thank you for the exciting news René .  I enjoy seeing all the sights of Europe via Andre's DVDs too.  It is as if we learn of history, and beautiful places.  And of course, Beautiful Music.

I also enjoy seeing the instruments and the JSO Members.  Each one brings their own personality to the music.  It is a joy to watch and hear.
        3. July 17, 2007 Marlene Warren wrote:
          Thanks René, I'm so happy it will be available in the US! I so look forward to this. We always get the BEST from André Thanks so much!
      2. July 17, 2007 WebMasterSally wrote:
        Hi Marilyn:  So far I think it is only in Europe, but I wish our cable companies would carry it.  Darn Blazes we've got so many other stations.  I would think if enough people requested it (and therein lies the problem), we'd be able to see it.
      3. August 11, 2007 Kati wrote:
        ZDF is a German TV, usually, They do recordings for Andre and Co. Kati
  • July 16, 2007 Jeanine Ann wrote:
    Hi René, thank you so much for the nice photos and story about the concert. Wish I could have been there. Hugs
    1. July 16, 2007 Kati wrote:
      Maybe next year Jeanine, We will be there!? Kati
  • July 16, 2007 Marlene Warren wrote:
    Thank you so much René for the wonderful photos, news articles and the information about the Wien concert!
    You have no idea how much it means to us to be able to read the happenings and be a part of André and the JSO's concert activities when so many of us cannot be there in person.
    I enjoyed seeing the Star of Johann Strauss, he brought so much beautiful music to the world. Take care!
  • July 16, 2007 Jeanine Ann wrote:
    Kati - yes we are working on it for next year! This is something to look forward to. Hugs
  • July 16, 2007 Bill in Arizona wrote:
    thanks for taking the time & effort, to update us René.

I know the Aussies will be pleased to know André & the JSO has Australia scheduled some concerts.

And more 2008 concerts for the good old U.S.A.
    1. July 17, 2007 René wrote:
      it will be the same like this year. I think so. no more or less
  • July 17, 2007 Rene wrote:

René  Michaelertorkuppel

• July 17, 2007 Rene wrote:

René   Michaelertor

• July 17, 2007 Rene wrote:

René   Carriages
    The Busses in front of the Hofburg and in front of the catering camps

• July 18, 2007 Chuck Stevens wrote:
    Rene,
    Do you know the Maastricht 2008 concert dates yet. Thanks, Chuck
    1. July 19, 2007 René wrote:
      I can give the actual data later. after the vacation.
      1. July 20, 2007 Marlene Warren wrote:
        Have a wonderful vacation René!
      2. July 20, 2007 WebMasterSally wrote:
        Thank you for sharing René.  You are very kind and I am happy to call you Friend.   We will share a toast one day, perhaps on more than one continent!
    2. July 25, 2007 John Dumoulin wrote:
      That is 4, 5 and 6th of July 2008. Do you need more info Chuck? Greetings John
  • July 18, 2007 Jeanine Ann wrote:
    Doesn't this bus look like the America bus or did they change the picture on all the buses? I know they had more of a caricature on the European buses.
    Hugs
  • July 19, 2007 René wrote:
    these are the new ones
  • July 19, 2007 Jeanine Ann wrote:
    Ok thank you René. Hugs
  • July 20, 2007 Marilyn Smith wrote:
    Hi René. Thanks for all of your helpful info. We really appreciate it. Have a great vacation. Marilyn
    1. July 31, 2007 Bill in Arizona wrote:
      HI Rene, Thanks for taking the time & trouble for the report & all the photos. It's things like this, that make participation on this blog, that allow me to get sooo much more enjoyment out of real-life concerts.
      1. August 3, 2007 René wrote:
        Thank you Bill, everyone writes something ( this is fantastic, thanks to all) and all wants to know gladly more, André transmits already many info on his Homepage. Private remains private. It should be so and must be respected for it. Bill and Sally, please sends me your addresses, then I can send you a DVD. A small surprise for your great works. Maybe if I have time I like to send a short report over Arnhem/Holland.
        All the best to you
        René
  • May 16, 2008 elisabeth koudys wrote:
    Andre Rieu is the best that ever happened. I have a burning question. What is the name of the man with the white skulcap, he appears almost at the end of the Schonbrun show.
    My husband and I enjoy every dvd we can get our hands on.
    1. May 16, 2008 Moderator Jeanine Ann wrote:
      Hi Elisabeth, his name is D J Otzi and we think he is just great also.  I don't know if he has a web site but you can check.  I have a CD with some of his music if you would like a copy just let me know here on the blog.  Please come back again.  Hugs
      Jeanine Ann

1. May 16, 2008 elisabeth koudys wrote:
        Hi there. My husband and I live in Canada and you don not have to send me anything, but thanks for the offer. We just thought he was so vibrant with Andre Rieu. But then who isn't. Thanks for letting me know so quickly.
    2. May 16, 2008 WebMaster Sally wrote:

DJ Ötzi was born as Gerry Friedle in St Johann in Tyrol. After his mother gave him up for adoption, he was raised by his grandmother. In school he was always an outsider and after he failed the School of Agriculture, he started an apprenticeship as a cook. At the age 19, DJ Ötzi decided to conquer the world and soon ended up homeless, living on the street. After four months, he pulled himself together and started a career as a DJ in the local dance club scene.

Soon he started DJing all around Tyrol and Mallorca, working himself up as a star in rural Austria. Even the diagnosis of testicle cancer in 1998, which DJ Ötzi was healed of, couldn't slow down his career. His friend and producer Claus Marcus talked him into singing "Der Anton aus Tirol", DJ Ötzi agreed and landed a hit at once. DJ Ötzi was on top of the Austrian, German and UK charts. All his follow up singles have been hits. DJ Ötzi's singles are less significant for someone interested in musical styles, but for ideal for partying and drinking. Right now, DJ Ötzi is one of the most successful Austrian musicians ever.

1. May 16, 2008 WebMaster Sally wrote:

1. May 16, 2008 Moderator Jeanine Ann wrote:
          Thank you Sally!!  He always makes us happy.  I didn't know about his background.  It just proves that if you fight hard enough and believe in yourself, miracles can happen.  I am very happy for DJ.  We just love him especially when he sings with Andre.  I'll bet they have a great time.  Hugs