Suzan Erens & Resie Vahsen

Sadly, Suzan Erens, soprano soloist, & Resie Vahsen, choir, are no longer with Andre & the JSO.

I, personally, will miss Suzan , she is the very first JSO member I first talked to, live & in person.  And I have a photo to prove it <g>

I was hoping to get some good close up photos of Resie on 23 June 2009 when Andre returns to Phoenix.

Thank you, for contributing to my enjoyment of the concerts & the DVD's each time I watch.

Bill in Arizona

Comments

• February 11, 2009 Joanne adams wrote:
    Does anyone knolw where she has gone? Why she left?

She is excellent and will be missed.
    1. February 12, 2009 Moderator Bill AZ wrote:

I have no details of the whereas, or whys?

I do want to echo Frank Steijns quoteable quote about SUZAN announcing she had left the JSO:

"For now, not FOREVER"

Hopefully, Suzan will return to entertain us at some point in the future.

I do hope that Suzan & Resie will rejoin the JSO when Andre films new DVD's

• February 11, 2009 Adriana wrote:
    That's a very sad news. I didn't have the opportunity to know they personally
    but I'll miss both. Sad that I'll never see Susan sing Memory live.
    I wish the girls all the best.

Adriana - Blumenau/Brazil
  • February 11, 2009 ELISANGELA wrote:
    Why she decided it? Somebody knows???
  • February 13, 2009 Joanne adams wrote:
    Thanks for the update.

Have a great day!
  • February 13, 2009 Shirley wrote:
    I don't know why they sometimes choose to leave except that maybe they want to pursue their own careers. I don't know about Resie, but I think Suzan is with the Platin-Scala for one. She has a my space page if you might want additional info, and there is a web site for the Platin-Scala, where you will see her picture,I believe it's in German though.I'll have to check it out again & see if I can link it.
  • February 13, 2009 Shirley wrote:
    You can find the web site at www.platinscala.com   you will see the Platin tenors, Carla Maffioletti and Suzan Erens.
  • February 13, 2009 Joanne adams wrote:
    Thank you very much for the info. I went to the sites and with help of a translator garnered a very little info.

Do keep everyone informed. It is kind of you to do so.

Best wishes, Joanne
  • February 20, 2009 john wrote:
    I REALLY LIKE TO WATCH ANDRE RIEU PREFORM BUT IT WOUN'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT SUZAN ERENS.
    1. February 21, 2009 Ian Marston wrote:
      I have to agree 100%, to me she was the icing on the cake!
      1. February 24, 2009 Virginia Baker wrote:
        I agree. Suzan and Carla both left before and then returned for awhile so perhaps they will make appearances when their schedules permit. Seems as if that's what Carmen is doing. My own personal opinion is that possibly Suzan may not be 100% comfortable touring with them. Remember she and Pierre were engaged for several years before he met Eeftje where she was working at Efteling. And I may be completely wrong about her reasons. She did fulfill her commitment to play Sisi in Australia. I think a lot of people have a special place in their hearts for Suzan. At least we will get Carla this spring in the states. There is a new singer in the choir but I don't know anything about her. How about we all start campaigning Andre's website to update the orchestra page? I have asked several times over the past couple of years and they haven't touched it.