Concert With Suzan Erens

Photos courtesy of Arie Bussmaker

CONCERT WITH SUZAN ERENS,

BLAOSMEZIEK ”Music All Inclusive”

We Ed Martin and I are fans of Suzan Erens. We agree to meet each other in front of the Theater in Sittard. At 8:30 PM we entered the theater to find our tickets.

The orchestra was a big brass band “Harmonie St. Joseph from Sittard, director Björn Bus.

We thought this is not an orchestra that suites Suzan Erens. But we were wrong, it was fantastic. Also the voice of Marc Clear who sang together with Suzan was beautiful.

The music program

Oil Barrel Beat                                                   Brass band Harmonie St. Joseph

Rise of the firebird                                            Brass band Harmonie St. Joseph

Saga Candida                                                   Brass band Harmonie St. Joseph

With Suzan Erens

Don’t cry for me Argentina from Evita      Suzan Erens soprano

Cabaret                                                             Marc Clear tenor

Doina                                                               Koen Cuijpers clarinet

The Phantom of the Opera                      Suzan Erens soprano, Marc Clear tenor

Many songs from Andrew Lloyd Webber

Intermezzo

Rock march                                                       Rhythm group

76 Trombones                                                   Rhythm group

Una Noche en Granada                                      Brass band Harmonie St. Joseph

Over the rainbow from The Wizard of Oz     Suzan Erens soprano

Clapping Hands                                                Brass band Harmonie St. Joseph

“I only want to say” from Jesus Christ Superstar  Marc Clear tenor

Anthem from Chess                                  Suzan Erens soprano, Marc Clear tenor

The concert was in any aspect outstanding.

In the Lobby with Suzan - Some personal information about Suzan!

After the concert we met Suzan in the lobby.

We, Ed Martin and me, could talk for a long time with Suzan.

I ask her about “Where in Norway she will live?”

She explained to me, near the Pole Circle (Mosjoen) in the Municipality of Vefsn

320 Km north of Trondheim.

From their house they have a beautiful view. And she can ski nearly the whole year through.

Her boyfriend Mitch is from Sittard and is a Dutchman. They went there a few months ago and they liked it a lot.

Now they want to emigrate to that place. Mitch is a young man and bold.

He was very busy at that moment and walking back and forth.

Suzan said to me: “That’s Mitch. I saw him, but I was not presented to him.

My impression is he is a nice guy.

I ask her about the CD. She thinks the CD will be finished after a while, but yes will be released.

I ask her about her singing in Norway. She answered me, that’s not yet determined.

But concerning André specials, “If Andre invites me, I am available.”

So let’s start asking André to invite Suzan.

Special thanks to Arie Bussmaker for this article and to Nan Cole for sending it to us.

Comments

• June 9, 2009 john j wrote:
    For the powers to be. How about veido taping this show ,this way be could all enjoy Miss Erens. since can't get to see her shows.Has she ever though of moving to New York .We have Radio City and carnegie hall
    Regards
    John
  • June 9, 2009 Webmaster Sally wrote:
    Thanks to Arie, Nan, Ed, Jeanine Ann & Suzan ! Perfecto
  • June 9, 2009 Bill in Arizona wrote:
    Thank you, Arie, for taking the time & trouble to give us this concert info about Suzan.

I think EVERYONE wants to hear of ANYTHING Suzan related.

Hopefully, Andre will invite Suzan to participate in upcoming SPECIALS, he's planning.
  • June 9, 2009 marilyn bas wrote:
    How wonderful that you two got to see Suzan's show. It looks like it was very good. Thank you for sharing your pictures and your story.
  • June 10, 2009 Shirley wrote:
    Gosh Arie,seems like all Andre's girls like you!This would have been a very good concert indeed. I think many Andre fans, especially the guys, fell in love with Suzan. I'm hoping to see her with Andre again sometime.
  • June 10, 2009 Marlene Warren wrote:
    I believe that Suzan will always hold a special place in our hearts. I would love to see Suzan sing again with André and JSO. She sang one of the best renditions of "Don't Cry For Me Argentina".
    Thank you Arie for this nice report of Suzan and the concert.
    1. June 28, 2009 Marie Pope wrote:
      I live in an over 50's resort on the Gold Coast in Australia and we have a large hall with a giant screen and surround sound. Last night we had the pleasure of watching Andre's concert "Live in Maastricht 2" It was just like one was there and felt like getting up to dance. Everyone was applauding along with the crowd at the actual venue. I agree that Susan Erens will always hold a place in all our hearts. It was dissapointing that she (or Carmen) did not sing a solo.
      We have shown most of Andre's concerts in the hall and everyone is waiting until a new one comes out. Hopefully not too long.
      1. June 28, 2009 Shirley wrote:
        Marie, that must be great to watch Andre on that big screen! I always love the Maastricht concerts too, but I have to tell you, it would be hard to beat his Live In Australia.
        1. June 28, 2009 Marie Pope wrote:
          Yes Shirley, I have to agree that "Live in Australia" would be hard to beat. We were lucky enough to have front row seats for his concert in Brisbane. I was surprised that we were allowed to take cameras to his concerts, Harry made a fantastic video of this concert and of course we also have the commercial one.
  • June 29, 2009 john wrote:
    I watched Melissa Venena perform Sileenzio
    I read that she has a c.d how can i order one
    Regards
    John
  • August 12, 2009 Nassim wrote:
    Arie Bussmaker,

Andre Rieu choose an excellent singer. Suzan Erens is a beautiful woman. She has a musical ear and her voice is clear like a crystal, it is easy to understand all the words that she pronouces. I hope to see all of you in Rio de Janeiro next year, during show of Andre.

Nassim
  • July 24, 2011 jean claude wrote:
    bonsoir,
    pourriez vous nous donner des nouvelles fraîches de Suzan dont la voix nous manque nous voudrions savoir si elle va revenir à JSO pour nous faire à nouveau frissonner de plaisir avec de nouvelles chansons