Attach NAMES to FACES of JSO musicans

If you have just watched an Andre Rieu DVD & are trying to attach the name to the face of a particular Johann Strauss Orchestra musican, then go here:

www.AttachNamesToFaces.com

The domain name is not case sensitive.

I would like to suggest you bookmark, the link, which is the heart & soul of the photo website.  All changes will be updated in the photos that appear when you go to the above mentioned link.

You will now be looking at a thumbnail photo of every musican in the orchestra, in alphabetical order (by the musican's first name).  All the JSO musicians don't appear on page 1; look on page 2 for the rest of the musicians

Click on a thumbnail photo & you will now have:
  • A list of all DVD's that musican appears in +
  • A link to every photo of that musican on this photo website
There are 2 pages of thumbnail photos - ENJOY

If you really want to have some fun inside the photo website then look in the upper right hand corner where there is a place to enter search terms. Enter any of the following search terms:

the name of any musical instrument
- you'll be surprised at who appears if you enter some of the less familar musical instruments, Chimes, Banjo, Guitar, etc
the name of the Andre Rieu DVD you just watched
Soprano Soloists
Platin Tenors
Choir Section http://www.flickr.com/photos/bc_az/sets/72157621628733815/
Clog Dancers http://www.flickr.com/photos/bc_az/sets/72157621307412140/

1. now click on the down arrow, to the right
  2. then select ~BC~photostream

You will now see photos of everyone that is a Clog Dancer, or everyone that plays the musical instrument, or everyone that appeared in the DVD you searched for

I have 7 of the DVD's entered as search terms, so if you enter the name of a DVD & nothing comes up, it's because I still have a lot of work left to do.  There are 20 DVD's not yet entered into the cross reference database.  Check back from time to time because this is where I'm spending my time

At some point in time you should be able to recognize each & every JSO musican by their first name & call out to them if you see the musicans before or after a concert.

If you have any photos you'd like me to add, any thoughts that would make the photos website more useable, any suggestions of things I need to add, or delete; please let me know.

If you have some information and want to remain anonymous, always know that I can keep my mouth shut

Please direct others to  www.AttachNamesToFaces.com  The information and ability to Attach Names To Faces is a Christmas present to anyone you know that is a fan of Andre Rieu & the Johann Strauss Orchestra.

The photo website needs some photos of:

• Heidi Pittie (Choir)
  • Hans Verhulst (French Horn)
  • Clarinet player in most recent DVD (Maastricht 3)
  • Glenn Falize (Percussions) *son of Marcel
  • Name & Photo of new cello player in DVD (Live in Australia)
  • Name & Photo of the 2 new violinists sitting between Vincenzo & Coline(Maastricht 3)
  • Name & Photo of the new clarinet player appearing in (Maastricht 3)
  • Name & Photo of new Trumpet player sitting between Roger & Rene in (Maastricht 3 & Eftling)
  • Name & Photo of new Bassoon Player (Eftling)

Please email photos or comments to:
southpawbc-flickr@yahoo.com

I really need your help in identifying the unidentified

Comments

• December 14, 2009 Sally Steyn wrote:
    Thank you ! Very interesting and really something nice to send to my friends !

• December 14, 2009 TED wrote:
    from Webmommies email: Please tell Bill his foto site is teriffic. Not only did I find the names I was looking for, I found names and faces I never knew were part of the JSO! Ted
  • December 15, 2009 Webmaster Sally wrote:
    WOW BILL ! I can tell you spent a great deal of time and put in a lot of effort on this. Thank You!

This makes finding out names and face so easy.
  • December 15, 2009 Terezie wrote:
    Sally, fandom next meeting-progamm ZDF /germany canal/ ees André Rieu. 31.12.2009 - New Years Eve. Him we will wassail and carouse ending of an old year and birth André grandchildren Ivan, Lieke and Linde. Upon ZDF 31.12.2009 20,15 clock around will André R.-Champagne melody-music programme. Pretty listening to all.
    1. December 15, 2009 WebMaster Sally wrote:
      Terezie, That is wonderful Andre will be on Television for New Year's Eve

I can just imagine Christmas this year at the Castle.  Andre, Marjorie, their sons, their sons' wives and all 3 Grandchildren.  What a wonderful time.

• December 15, 2009 Norma Akers wrote:
    Have just spent many enjoyable minutes studying Names to Faces of JSO Members.Thank you Bill, it was very comprehensive and interesting. You created a "Masterpiece"
  • December 16, 2009 Norma Akers wrote:
    Will look forward to the completion of your project Bill and have already passed on the link to friends who use the Web.
    1. December 16, 2009 Moderator Bill AZ wrote:

Thank you Norma, for those very kind words.  It warms my heart to know that you sent the link to others,  That says volumes.
      Anyone & everyone who sees a JSO musican should be able to address them by their first name.

It's hard to believe that people pay $300 for Meet & Greet tickets to meet JSO musicans & then can't even address them by their name or aren't certain which instrument the musican plays.

A fan should be able to look at a DVD, or photos & mentally attach a name to most musicans.  The musicans are normal people with egos & like to hear their own name just as we all do.

Hopefully, more & more people will go to the photo website to attach a name to a musican they just noticed in a DVD.

You or anyone can now go & enter a search term of the DVD you've just watched & immediately see a photo of everyone that appeared in that DVD.  If you enter the name of a DVD & nothing comes up, then it is because I not cataloged & cross referenced that DVD yet; this is the tedious time consuming chore I'm working on a few hours each day.  Hope to have all the DVD entered by the end of January, so just keep checking back <g>

You might consider sending a link to this topic which will include a link to the photo website + give some instructions on different search terms that can be entered

• December 17, 2009 Ilse van Graan wrote:
    Thanks Bill for a terrific job. Could you or someone else help me with the name of the violonist: Her last DVD appearance was in 'The flying Durchmam'. She wears a lilac/purple dress, long straight black hair and sits between Ward Vlasveld and Karlien Opsteeg.
    Madam Butterfly, Virginia, Sourh Africa
    1. December 17, 2009 Bill in Arizona wrote:
      I'll have to get back to you on this one. Give me a couple of days because the name Karlien Opsteeg is unknown to me.

Thank you for your kind words. I still have a lot of work to do in adding details to each JSO musicans musicography
      1. December 18, 2009 Bill in Arizona wrote:
        I looked at the Flying Dutchman last night after work.

I don't know the name of the violinist that sits next to Ward.
        I didn't know the name of the violinist that you identified as Karlien Opsteeg.

I have added the lilac/purple, dark haired, bright red lipstick, to my list of unidentified JSO members.

Hopefully, someone will come forward with her name & a photo.
  • December 18, 2009 Webmaster Sally wrote:
    Bill, I think you had a GREAT Idea for a domain name. It easily defines exactly what your photo site does!! Well Done!

www.AttachNamesToFaces.com